Monday 3 July 2017

THROUGH MY LENS - Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam.

We visited the Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam.  This museum shows more modern works of art and today I am sharing a few of these images with you.  Some of you may remember that while in Amsterdam, another group member and I were finding images to illustrate the letters in the word Amsterdam and some of them are in this post. We have now fully gathered all our images and our friend Sue has been given them on a memory stick to make the judgement.  No pressure there Sue!!
 I am linking this post with Through My Lens.












This was a room that the children could explore and experiment in.


This was high on a wall I thought S for SPIKES


This lady had no idea I had photographed her jacket which I thought would make a good M for MAP and below S for STRIATJACKET!



This was a beautifully designed window overlooking Amsterdam and I thought perhaps T for Through the window. 
This painting below to me looked like E for EYE.  



S for STEEP STAIRS









OK now I am sure you are wondering if I have very bad eye sight?  NO, This room contained all white canvases and the artists had looked at a paintings in the Rijks and turned them into “Smelly” experiences and this was my favourite.



I hope this gave you a taste of the art in the Stedelijk Museum and that you enjoyed the small selection of images i showed you in this post.

Thanks for visiting and also for leaving comments.

14 comments:

  1. Some of the art I love, some is not to my taste. I would have loved to have seen/smelt them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is so interesting! The girl with the umbrella painting looks like Monet. The window is beautiful and unique. One of my friends has a map jacket just like this, I love these! I think my favorites are the very first one and the children's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and I do like that lady's jacket - do you think she was from Australia?!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, beautiful artwork and exhibit. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead! Wishing you and yours a happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing works.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are quite different from your past posts. You have quite the creative eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting place, so many different pieces of art, very unique ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great museum and beautiful is your relationship.
    Greetings, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Margaret, excellent post about an interesting (and different) art gallery. I'm wondering: because of the smile as you sniff at the white canvas, was the smell pleasant? Have a great day. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the one I am smelling in the image was of Carnations and it was my fabourite.

      Delete
  11. So what did it smell like then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carnations just like VAn Jpgh's painting of VAse of Carnations Stuart

      Delete
  12. A great exhibit Margaret, thank you for taking us along. I have never seen a 'smelly' exhibit before :)

    ReplyDelete